The Architectural Technician / Technologist will work closely with and report to the Architect.
The role will require working closely with an Architect in a busy, family practice based in Navan, Co. Meath, dealing mainly with residential development but also office, retail, light commercial and agricultural projects. Ideal candidate will have 2 – 5 years experience as an Architectural Technician / Technologist, have an excellent knowledge of current Irish Building Regulations with the ability to assess, understand and communicate changes to Building Regulations as they arise. The role will include assisting the Architect in preparing statutory applications, tenders, construction drawings and site work.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare planning stage drawings from Architects preliminary drawings
- Prepare planning applications including research of development plan and planning/design guidance documents
- Prepare fire safety certificate and disability access certificate drawings, technical reports and applications
- Prepare tender and construction stage drawings
- Demonstrate compliance with Building Regulations
- Assist Architect with site inspections
- Relevant third level qualification
- 2 – 5 years experience in the role
- Strong working knowledge of Irish Building Regulations
- Experience preparing planning applications, fire safety certification applications, disability access certificate applications
- Experience preparing tender and construction stage drawings
- Experience inspecting works on site preferable but not essential
- Strong Autocad skills required. Revit and DEAP experience an advantage.
Salary: €25,000 – €35,000 D.O.E.